Open mic day is held once a month, the exact date to be determined, at the Albion Hotel
- Any changes will be noted on the facebook page at www.facebook.com/castertonopenmic
Bring your own instruments
- PA and microphones provided. Any other equipment is up to you to organise.
- This is not karaoke; you may not sing to a backing tape, you must be able to accompany yourself or have someone accompany you (or a cappella if you like).
Arrive before start time to sign up
- You won’t be able to sign up in advance of the day.
- Names will go on the whiteboard so you can see what time you start.
- Performers will perform in the order in which they sign up.
Each act will perform for 15 minutes
- That’s about 4 songs of 3 1/2 minutes each.
- This may be reduced to 10 minutes if there’s a big turnout.
- You will have 5 minutes after the end of the previous performer to get prepared on-stage.
- Make sure you’re tuned up and ready to start at your appointed time.
- You will not be allowed to overrun. A late start means less performance time.
- Please exit the stage area as quickly as possible after your performance.
- If we have time after everyone has had a turn, performers will be invited to perform for a second time in the order in which they sign up.
When you are not performing, please be respectful and encouraging of those who are
- Put your phone on silent and ask your friends/family to do the same.
- Please stay after your performance and meet the other performers. This is a great way to network and make musical friends and is also good etiquette.